Because we wouldn’t dare start our blog without a healthy breakfast under our belt, here it is, the most important meal of the day. We hope this blog, like your breakfast, will fuel you to do more and be more, but we can only fill your tank with good lifestyle tips. It’s up to you to start the engine to better health.
With that said, this week you will learn how to make a healthful breakfast that tastes as delicious as it is good for you. Be aware that this recipe is for a double portion, not because it is prepared for two, but because Mrs. Hacker needs both portions to get her through her morning routine.
- Bring to boil two cups of salted water.
- Pour in one cup of oats. (Old Fashioned Quaker Oats work just fine).
- Cook oats uncovered for five minutes on medium heat.
- Once the oats are cooked, put lid on, and set aside (off burner) for 5-10 minutes.
- Place approximately a dozen blueberries in the bottom of a large cereal bowl.
- Pour the hot oatmeal over the blueberries.
- Top with two tablespoons of finely chopped or ground walnuts, 1-2 tablespoons of chia seeds, 1-2 tablespoons of flax meal or flax seed, half of a banana (diced), and cinnamon to taste.
- Mix together with a spoon until it is well blended.
- Pour “Original” almond milk or your milk of choice over your mixture to your desired amount.
As Mrs. Hacker says, “That’s it! And it’s yummy.”
We all go to bed at night thinking that tomorrow we’ll do better. “I’ll start that diet tomorrow.” “I’ll exercise tomorrow.” “I’ll do something I love tomorrow.” What if we started first thing in the morning with a healthy bowl of Mrs. Hacker’s Oats? We might just kick start all those things we said we’d start tomorrow.
We welcome replies. Please share your thoughts. If you enjoyed this post, you might enjoy future posts. You can follow us by clicking “follow.” Thank you for your support.